Monday, April 26, 2010

Prayer Life

I will be the first to admit that as a young Christian my prayer life isn't that great. But for the first time I've really seen the truth is God's prayer promises.

Psalm 6:9 "Jehovah hath heard my supplication; Jehovah will recieve my prayer."

Psalm 66:19 "But verily God hath heard; He hath attended to the voice of my prayer."

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer the, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Jeremiah 29:12 "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you."


These are just a FEW of the promises that can be found in HIS word! Our LORD is so faithful, loving, and just that HE offers Himself to us endlessly. It feels so amazing to KNOW that I have a GOD that I can depend on, that will comfort me when I need it, give me strength when I need it, and love me ALWAYS! I've found when I pour my burdens out to the LORD HE is faithful to lift them from me and give me rest. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

It took me awhile to really develop good prayer habits, and I still have A TON of room to grow. But I went from barely praying at all to praying daily multiple times when the mood strikes! I purposed to pray more and now it seems second nature. I spent days here and there devoting the entire day to prayer. I would pray before every move and then thank God immediately after. Other days I would purpose to pray continuously about a certain topic. I basically DRILLED it into myself to pray! I pray for my church, my church family, my friends, unsaved family, my fiances family, and then what ever needs I have. I thank God continuously for all His MANY blessings! Now with the help from my wonderful SAVIOR praying isn't a chore anymore! I love to have that one on one time with God, to just let Him know what I'm happy about, what I'm sad about, and what I'm needing His help with. I know He already knows, but it feels good to be able to vent to an always listening ear! What's better than being able to freely speak to God??????? I can only think of one thing; Him speaking to us! But then again that's what out Bibles are for!

In HIM always,
Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...