Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Wednesday

I'm so excited!!! While my family and I were away, in North Carolina, my aunt gave me a crock-pot and a hand-mixer that has bread hook attachments! Now I already had a Crock-Pot but this one is a much newer version and getting it resparked my interest in making easy slow cooked meals. So I've decided to start a series called Slow Cooker Wednesdays! I picked Wednesday because it's our church's prayer and bible study meeting night and I could use the extra time that using the slow cooker will allow.

Soooooo tonight's dinner is slow cooked lasagna, fresh baked bread, and corn! YUM!

For the lasagna you'll need: half a package of frozen spinach thawed and drained, 1 container ricotta cheese, 1 box lasagna noodles, 1 can pasta sauce, 1 bag (2 cups) mozzarella cheese.

I mixed the spinach with ricotta cheese to use as a filling. Then I put down some sauce in the bottom of the Crock-Pot, followed by lasagna noodles broken to fit. Then I put some of the spinach ricotta mixture followed by a layer of shredded cheese. Then I just kept repeating that process until the Crock-Pot was full. then I just covered it and set it to high. I left it on high for about an hour and then switched it to low. It's not ready to eat yet but here's what it looks like so far:

For my bread I'm following this recipe:



I'm linking up with:


1 comment:

  1. Oh I luv making bread, I am going to try this, Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...