Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blessings in the Storm

image via google

My family has been battling something wicked these last few days. On late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning our girls both woke up with bad coughs. I gave the oldest a honey and raw garlic mix and the youngest my previously mentioned cough remedy. Followed by some warm tea for both. Well, our oldest didn't do so well and began to throw up.

After changing sheets, and giving instructions on aiming for the garbage we placed next to her bed, everyone went to sleep. The next  day the girls were feeling AWFUL they just laid in bed and drifting between sleep and being awake. I'm pretty sure its the quietest our house has ever been. After getting some advice from a friend, I began rubbing the soles of their feet with eucalyptus oil. Then I got a message saying that a few people from our church had the flu! With how quickly it came on and the severity of it I'm 90% sure it was the flu for the girls too. Thursday night the youngest got even worse and started throwing up. So I decided to try to get out early in the morning before the blizzard started to get some elderberry syrup.

I woke up late, and snow was already falling but I really felt strongly that the girls needed something to help them out. So I rushed out to whole foods, despite the snow. I found what I needed and was heading back home, when our truck broke down less than 3 miles from home! I tried not to panic, and called my parents to see if they could call someone in the area to help me out. As I sat in the car I was determined not to cry. I began singing every praise song I could remember and dancing to try and stay warm. Cars zipped by, snow kept falling, and I kept watching my rear-view mirror. I was a little afraid but I just kept reminding myself that  YHVH is in control.

When I couldn't sing songs by memory any more I turned on the cd player and played Faithful God on repeat! Finally, about 30 or more minutes later, a friend of my dad came to get me. He tried to jump the car, and when that didn't work he called a tow truck. I said a quick prayer because I could not afford to pay for a tow truck. Turns out he had Triple A and because I lived less than 3 miles away the tow was free! Once I got home I thawed out a little then started giving the girls the elderberry tincture I purchased. The oldest was starting to feel better, but the younger one was still looking like a  she was out of it. They both had fevers and I just wanted them to be better. I gave them the tincture 4 times on Friday and my husband prayed over them. We had both been praying and seeking wisdom on how to handle this, but it was looking so bad he decided to hold them and pray for healing.

Late Friday night/early Saturday evening the oldest woke me up to tell me she felt better! I didn't want to put to much stock in that but we woke up Saturday morning to, 38 inches of snow, and two bubbly playful girls! Just like that YHVH had healed them. I have never seen the flu last for just two days! He showed us exactly what we needed to get to help heal them. So many prayers were answered in these last few days that all I can do is praise HIM! I'm so thankful that my girls are better and that the car situation wasn't worse. Oh and even better once the snow is all clear one of my dad's friends is going to come look at it for us. I'm not even worried about it though because I know my faithful Elohim will take care of us. 




The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. -Psalm28:7



Photobucket

2 comments:

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...