Thursday, April 14, 2011

This and That....

So I've been away a bit this week. Not that I have a lot going on, but, I've been taking care of my hubby whose been having a terrible tooth ache, and my little ones needed attention too! But I didn't want to let the whole week go by with out posting and I have a few things I wanted to share. First I won this BEAUTIFUL Extra Wide Headband head covering from Lexie's blog In Him I Trust. It's from the Sowers of Hope Boutique.  I love it! (Thanks Lexie!)



Next, I would be a TERRIBLE friend if I didn't tell you all about this microwave cake! It took about five minutes to put it together and bake it! Talk about a quick desert anytime! 


  • large coffee mug
  • 4 tablespoons plain flour (do not use self-rising)
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg (We don't eat eggs so I used vinegar)
  • 3 tablespoons milkshopping list
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • Small splash of vanilla
  • ---------------
    • Add dry ingredients to mug, & mix well .
    • Add egg & mix thoroughly.
    • Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
    • Add vanilla, mix again.
    • Set mug in the microwave & cook for 2½ to 3 min at 1,000 watts.
    • Cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
    • Some report that 2½ minutes works best. It depends upon your microwave. So, watch carefully to not over do it!
    • Remove from microwave.
    • Allow cake to cool a little, then tip out onto a plate, if desired.

    Last but not least is this delicious fruit salad I made for Shabbat. I just figured apples and kiwis would taste good together. But I had not idea it would be THIS good. I took 4 kiwis and 2 green granny smith apples cut them into bite sized pieces and mixed with fresh lime juice from a whole lime to preserve the apples color. Everyone was very well pleased. 



I pray that you all have been having a great week and are looking forward to a beautiful Sabbath. 
Shalom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...