Next, I would be a TERRIBLE friend if I didn't tell you all about this microwave cake! It took about five minutes to put it together and bake it! Talk about a quick desert anytime!
- large coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons plain flour (do not use self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (We don't eat eggs so I used vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons milkshopping list
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Small splash of vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to mug, & mix well .
- Add egg & mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add vanilla, mix again.
- Set mug in the microwave & cook for 2½ to 3 min at 1,000 watts.
- Cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- Some report that 2½ minutes works best. It depends upon your microwave. So, watch carefully to not over do it!
- Remove from microwave.
- Allow cake to cool a little, then tip out onto a plate, if desired.
Last but not least is this delicious fruit salad I made for Shabbat. I just figured apples and kiwis would taste good together. But I had not idea it would be THIS good. I took 4 kiwis and 2 green granny smith apples cut them into bite sized pieces and mixed with fresh lime juice from a whole lime to preserve the apples color. Everyone was very well pleased.
I pray that you all have been having a great week and are looking forward to a beautiful Sabbath.