Thursday, July 21, 2011

Did you proselytize today???


I was watching a documentary and in it there was a woman who was searching for her "born-again brother". Now the documentary as a whole didn't really speak to me much. It was actually pretty boring, but, something really stood out to me. The woman made a statement about how her brother never tried to proselytize her. That comment reminded me of another time that I had hear (or maybe read) someone make a similar comment. But I wasn't sure what it meant. Yay for dictionaries! :o)

pros·e·lyt·ize
to convert or attempt to convert as a proselyte recruit.
Well now that I know what the word means I have some bells and whistles going off. Aren't we as believers SUPPOSED to convert people?????


Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.  Matt 28:19-20
I totally get that witnessing can be uncomfortable. No one likes ruffling feathers. Its so much easier to just go about our lives and just have a private time with YHVH and hide our light. But that is NOT what He asks of us!

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. -Matt 5:14-16

A side from it being a command to spread the Gospel, how can we say we love someone and then not care where they spend eternity? How can you be friends with someone and not care if they are heaven bound? It's easy if we only love in word. But YHVH has something to say about that.

My little children, let us not love in word,neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth 
-1 John 3:18
Now if all of that is still not enough for you what about knowing that you will be held accountable for those that do not hear the Gospel???????? All of Ezekial 33 explains this but I will give you just these 2 verses.

When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 
-Ezekial 33:8-9
People can say what they will about me, but, the one thing they can't deny is that I will share the Gospel. I am NOT ashamed! That's not to say its always easy or that I consistently go out of my way to reach someone. But I try. I pray often that I will be yielded to the Spirit and that I will act when God wants me too. I don't want to be the reason someone doesn't get saved. Do you???

*if you have no clue what I'm even talking about please click here*
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...