Monday, July 25, 2011

Do People Know?



I don't believe in lifestyle evangelism, as the ONLY form of evangelism. I believe we are to share the Gospel. We are to talk about God and the Cross constantly. We should have a heart for souls like God does.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 
-2 Peter 3:9

But that doesn't excuse us from also showing Messiah through our actions. Our lives should be a reflection of the change that has occurred in us because of what Yeshua (Jesus) did on that Cross. That old rugged cross should be ever before us. But is it? Do people know that you are a Believer? Do people know that you are Heaven bound? I'm not talking about the people you go to church with but rather the lady at the check out counter or your doctors. Do you have unsaved friends? Why are they still unsaved? Is it because you haven't tried to reach them?

This isn't me trying to wag my finger at you and say well you should do this or you should do that. No, this is my heart. I am "not willing that any should perish". I know that it isn't easy. I know that some days we just don't want to smile or we just don't want to forgive that one person in our lives. But what if your unforgiveness or your frown is the thing standing in the way of a person giving their life over to God?

I know some would say that if God wants to do something He'll do it. I agree with that. But what if what God wants to do is use you to do it. What if He is leaving it up to you. Not by what you say but by what you do? Would that change your attitude or how you carry yourself? Would that help you to forgive others as He has forgiven you? Would that help you to love others as He has loved you?
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. - 1 John 4:11
This might be a bold statement but I believe it to be true. God didn't save us, just for us. He saved us so that others could get saved. Its not just about us. He doesn't just love you or me. He loves the world!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -John 3:16
My friends there is so much more to this life than the here and now. There is more than what's happening in our lives. There are people out there who are going to go to hell. They will not get to see Heaven. Does that not grieve you? What are you willing to do to help see that those that you meet will be saved?

You see if we live our lives no different than the unsaved then how will they know? How will they know that you are different? If you listen to the same ungodly songs, if you watch the same ungodly movies and television shows, how will they know?

We as believers are called to be Kodesh, Set Apart, Holy.

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. - 1 Peter 1:16
 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
 -Leviticus 20:7

Are you living set apart or are you just blending in with the world? Ask God to show you areas in your life where you need to change. I know for me personally its the TV. I am working on my issues (because we all have them!) are you willing to work on yours? 


1 comment:

  1. What if He wants to do His work through me? Great thoughts! You inspire me to be more set-apart, and more vocal about my faith. YHVH bless you and yours, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...