Thursday, March 22, 2012

Because It Is My Life

The Prodigal Daughter by Charlie Macksey
I'm back! When I started my break I didn't know how long I would be gone. I didn't know what would become of me. I even started another blog that was private just to sort out my thought and even with that I couldn't keep it up. I've been in a place where I was trying to get to the Meat when what I really needed (and still need) was the Milk. {1 Corinthians 3:2}

HaShem has opened my eyes to so many things and with each new discovery I found myself wanting to know everything. I would stay up late and be digging and searching. My husband said several times that I was acting like I had to have all the answers right then and there. I wasn't letting the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) guide me. I was guiding me. But then one day something changed. I don't know what it was, all I can do is say that it was God, because it makes no sense. It's like one day I just woke up. I realized I can't have ANY ANSWERS until HaShem is ready for me to. I can look and look all I want but I'll only go around in circles. I realized I had lost my joy, my hope, even my faith. I was looking ahead to emptiness. And that's when out of my darkness and frustration I was called back home.

I was up one night and I decided I need to open up my Bible. I don't know why or what it was but some how I came across 2 John. Well the whole chapter just spoke to me, I was practically in tears as I felt my Abba calling me home, but what stood out to me the most was this: Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. -2 John 1:8


"That we lose not those things which we have wrought"... That pierced me like a sword. I had been on FIRE for YHVH, speaking His word every chance I got. But something squelched that fire in me, my desire to know facts and live by the law left me with out the Spirit. I was in jeopardy of loosing the things that I had wrought! But MY Abba (yes, I know He's yours too but I'm having a moment) called me home!

I was once again reminded that I needed spirit and truth and that this walk does not fit into a little box of facts. There is no little box to check off that says I am a Torah Observant follower of Yeshua HaMoshiach (Jesus Christ) and I live a set apart life. There's either Christian or Jewish and by many standards I fit neither box. I tried to make the box fit, I tried hard, and finally I am ok with not having a neat little box to place myself in. I'm leaning on the Word, walking in the Spirit, facing the world, and shouting from the roof tops: IT IS MY LIFE!

...Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law. For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life... -Deut 32:46-47





2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are back. I missed your stories. It is hard to be lost and I am happy you have found yourself again. My quest takes me through a different road than yours but that doesn't mean I enjoy knowing of your journey any less. After all our destination is the same.

    May God Bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...