Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Building On The Rock

Lately children and family have been on my mind a lot. I've been in prayer for my girls that they would have hearts that are like the good ground (Mark 4:8) and the Lord has been just revealing different areas that I need to work on so that I can raise my girls to achieve what He has planned.

I think the most important lesson is that I can not do it alone, or in my strength. If the foundation of how I raise my children is me then we have a shaky foundation. We have a foundation made of sand. But if instead the foundation is built on God then our foundation is built upon the Rock!

When it comes to houses the foundation is everything. A poor, or weak, foundation can cause your house to come tumbling down. The same is true about our life and our desires. If we don't have that strong foundation we built everything for nothing. It was all in vain! So as I prayerfully train my girls in the way they should go I am mindful to ask God to show me what it is He would have me show them. My aim is to point it all back to God. Whether we are outside blowing bubbles, or reading our scriptures for the day, it ALL points back to the Father.
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: - Matthew 7:24

Here is a post I wrote last year in July about the what happens when we build on the Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...