Saturday, May 19, 2012

Climbing Out From Darkness


I think everyone has had dark days. But recently I went through a time where I had dark months. I was so focused on finding God that I was missing out on getting to just know Him. I was on a search for the "truth" but I just ended up confused. Many bad decisions were made and it was awful. I was so focused on the law that I missed the grace.


When I came back to blogging after my break I made mention of this. But I didn't really get into what happened. I'm still not going to but I just want to speak about how I felt, to hopefully encourage others who may be in a dark place right now.


Even when I didn't see Him, God was with me. Even when I came to a place of thinking I could do it on my own, He didn't forsake me. When I turned to the left hand and to the right hand He was rooting for me to get back on track. And the same is true for you. I'm not any more special to our Heavenly Father than you are. He loves us both equally and if He can forgive me, He can forgive you. If He can reach down to me and shine light into my darkness He can do the same for you.


You may think your sins are the worst ever, but the truth is, to God sin is sin. So the liar is just as bad as the murder. Don't let the enemy trick you into believing your sins are too bad to forgive or that God doesn't care about you. Because it's just simply not true. He cares and He wants you to come home!


For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people. -1 Sam 12:22


We know this to be true because He sent His only Son to die for us! Can you say you'd do that? Sacrifice your child's life for the sake of others? That's how much he loves you!


So today if you are struggling with realizing just how much God loves you I encourage you to pause and take some time to search through God's Word and see what He has to say about how much He loves you! (like reading through 1 John)

1 comment:

  1. Amen focussing so much on the law and following the "rules" drove myself crazy and put me in such a dark depressing place I hope to never go again. It was the hardest time for me, but thankfully I'm through it and I know what to do to prevent myself from falling back into that mindset.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...