Friday, July 20, 2012

Romans 8 {part 1}


These last few weeks the Lord has had me reading, and re-reading, Romans 8. It seems like every time I read it I get something new. So I figured why not share with you all what the Lord has been revealing to me in my quiet time. 


Let's start with the first few verses:



There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.



Something so amazing is revealed in these four verses. We are told that the law (Mosaic Law) was weak because it had to be fulfilled in the flesh. As we know there are none righteous so to keep the law perfectly in your flesh is impossible. That's why there needed to be a sacrifice system for the Israelites to atone for their sins. But YHVH in His infinite love and mercy sent His Son, Yeshua (Jesus), to not only show us the pain of our sin but also (and more importantly) to redeem us from the price of our sin!  {For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23}


In verse 4 we find the crux of the matter. The law can't be fulfilled when we try to do it in our flesh, but it IS fulfilled in us when we walk after the Spirit. Do you see that? When we are asking the Lord to fill us and seeking His will in our lives we will have the law fulfilled in us. It's not that the law doesn't matter but rather that we can't and SHOULD NOT try to keep it in our flesh. It's impossible! As we learn to walk in the Spirit YHVH will be faithful to guide us and show us HIS truth. 


To me that is just the most amazing thing. Our Abba loves us so much that not only can we call Him Father, but He also lovingly teaches us just like a good father would teach his children. Gently training in love, yet being firm and just in his correction. The law was not made to be a burden but to be a guide to show us how badly we need GOD. Our Messiah HIMSELF said:



 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. -Matt 11:29-30

To me this is such a BEAUTIFUL picture of just how much we are loved by the Almighty. His standards did not change, just the way He teaches us has.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...