Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dealing with a Loss


I was sitting at home having a normal Friday afternoon. The girls had eaten, we were just sitting around talking and playing. Then someone buzzed my apartment. I went to the intercom to see who it was, and to my surprise it was my grandma. She never comes over. 

I let her in and she just handed me a phone, it was my mom... she tells me to hold on, then when she comes back she tells me that my other grandma had passed away. I was in shock. She was in the hospital for kidney surgery, she was supposed to be coming home today, or tomorrow... 

I didn't know what to do so I just went. I went to be with my family, and I helped where I could. I couldn't stop. My focus was who needs help? Who's hungry? Thirsty? I felt numb to it all. In a way I still do. But as I watch my family mourn, I can't help but think of the hope that those who are trusting in the saving power of Jesus have. And pray for those who have no hope.... 

Would you please pray for my family?


Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4




2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lord. Loss is so hard. Nothing can prepare us for the grief. Lord, I pray for Tewauna and her family in this hard time. Draw them close to You. Wrap them in Your arms of love. Help them to heal. Lord, You are good. We all long for the day there is no more sickness, no more pain, no more death. Lord, ease their pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayer Audra! It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...