Thursday, December 27, 2012

Torah Momma Journal 12-27-12



What did I…
Offer thanks for? Having 4 wheel drive! We went out not realizing there was a snowstorm and  having 4 wheel drive was a HUGE blessing. 
Accomplish? Sadly not much. This week has been slow and not very productive. I did however find a site with some homeschool resources I am very excited about using next week :o)
Struggle with? Energy! For some reason this was a tough week and I am sooooo looking forward to Shabbat. 
Teach my children? We've been working on learning the days of the week. 
Study and learn? I've been working on some songs to play on the piano. 
Laugh about? My girls are always providing lots of things to laugh about. One thing that sticks out was when the girls were supposed to be sleeping but were up talking about what they were going to wear to church! Well one was asleep and one was awake, but they were talking to each other lol. 
Pray about? Oh lots of things. My hubby is still looking for work, so that's been the most pressing thing. 
What is this week’s Torah portion and what did I learn from it? 
Vayechi Genesis 47:28-50:26

This portion is about the blessing on Joseph's sons, as well as the 12 sons of Israel (Jacob). But what stood out the most to me was Gen 50:20 "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." This stood out to me because, Joseph fully forgave his brothers for what they did. He was able to look past their bad choices and see the hand of God. That is a prayer of mine. That no matter what happens to me, good or bad, I would be able to see my Elohim and His protection/provision. 
Picture

Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls... Jeremiah 6:16


This post is part of a Torah Momma link up over at TorahFamilyLiving.com, you can head over there to see more posts like this one, from other mommas seeking the narrow way.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, and your picture with your husband is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...