Monday, December 24, 2012

A Lesson I Learned This Past Shabbat


As  I was reading in Ezekiel this past Shabbat, Adonai dealt with me about something. I was just starting to read Ezekiel so I hadn't gotten very far before things started to make sense as to why I was even reading Ezekiel in the first place. The verses that the Lord used were Eze 2:6-8.

And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.

Now just to clarify, I believe that scripture has one interpretation, but many applications. So while these verses only mean exactly what they say and are an account of what happened with Ezekiel, that does not mean that Adonai can't use them to speak into my life. Ok, now on to my point :o)

As I was reading I felt like Adonai was telling me to pay attention to what was about to come, and then I read those verses. If you knew me personally, in my "real life", you'd know that I will gladly share with you about Yeshua (Jesus). I have no problem witnessing. But what I do struggle with is sharing my convictions. If you asked me why I wear skirts, or a headcovering, I most likely won't give you scripture and tell you exactly why. I'll just say oh it's my conviction or something else similar. If you asked me why we don't celebrate christmas, I'd just tell you well it's pagan in origin and so we choose to abstain. But I will quickly change the subject. Now of course if someone presses the issue I will share. Because it's not that I'm shy, it's that I'm afraid. I'm afraid of being the odd one, or being looked at funny. But I shouldn't be because YHVH in His Word {1 Peter 2:9} says that I am to be peculiar!

I am Set-apart for my HOLY Elohim, and I should not {and neither should you} be "afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks". I am to speak HIS Words to them, or else I'm being rebellious! Ouch! I don't want to be in rebellion to my Creator. Now this is not to say that I need to, or even should, go around preaching to everyone. It's not so much a matter of preaching, as it is teaching. Who knows how often the enemy has used my fear to keep me from sharing the truth with someone who was searching. When we refuse to open up we aren't allowing Adonai to use us. We were not created to fear! 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. -2 Timothy 1:7
 The really funny thing though is that it's not the unbeliever that I fear. It's the other so called Christians who are quick to scream legalist, when in truth my hearts desire is the please my Abba. Not to be under bondage, or to put others under bondage. Every conviction that I hold has come from YHVH, and whether or not "they" see it is not my concern. What is my concern though is to always be prepared with scripture for why I live the way I live. Not to argue or to condemn another but so that those who would falsely accuse me, can know of the hope that I have in Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ)! So I am leaving behind that spirit of fear and stepping forth in the truth of my Abba. His Words will be my reply and His Spirit my guide. :o)


But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. -1 Peter 3:15-16

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I think we all struggle with fear from time to time, and it is good to be reminded that fear is not from YHVH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really helped me, Tewauna. Blessings to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this post could be a blessing, thank you for your comments ladies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this post.. In my opinion, there is a difference between legalism and obedience.. Sometimes it's hard for others looking in to see the difference..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right Ren! Glad you enjoyed this post. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...