Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fear Elohim


This is a post where I'm totally transparent and share my struggles. So this is as much for me as it is for you. I just pray that in being open someone may be encouraged...

I am SO guilty of putting the ideals and thoughts of others above the truth Elohim has shown me. I hesitate before sharing things, especially when it comes to faith. I run all the possible things that people may say through my head and then usually end up not saying anything. But if it's truth, then why does it matter what other people say? And even worse, do I do that when it comes to Elohim? Do I filter my thoughts and actions through what He would think or say? Sadly, I don't as much as I should.  

By choosing to blog I live my life wide open. People see all of me and knowing that I'm "being watched" makes me self conscious. I don't want people to criticize or judge me. BUT WHO CARES?!? People can think what they want. It's not their opinion that matters, and I don't say that defiantly or with an attitude. I do believe that there is a need for wise counsel and to listen to the admonishments of those who have more wisdom in a certain area. 

But more important than what people think is what my Elohim thinks! I can't keep trying to make everyone happy. I have to do what's best for me, and that's whatever makes my Elohim happy! 

So enough is enough. I surrender, think what you will. I  long to be consumed by YHVH, to be totally caught up in Him. But being consumed with the what other people might think is getting in the way. He has to come first...


Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of YHVH thy Elohim, to walk in His ways, and to fear Him.-Deut 8:6

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...