Monday, February 22, 2010

Still learning....

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I like to read about being a godly woman, wife, and mother. Mostly about being a godly woman because I feel if you can get that down then the rest will follow. Unlike the rest of the wonderful young ladies whose blogs I have the pleasure of reading. I don't really have the luxury of being able to practice certain things that involve working on myself (my own fault I know). I am at the point where I must actually DO. I have my daughter who I love to pieces and wouldn't trade for anything, and I must train her "in the way that she should go". But, I don't really know what I'm doing. I have wonderful godly women at my church who help me. But, I need more guidance. I need a mentor. I wish my mom could be my mentor, but, she disagrees with my keeping a biblical life. Although she is active in her church she feels "the Bible is a very old book". That doesn't go very well with what I'm trying to establish for myself and my daughter. I started searching even more for God after my daughter was born. I realized I wasn't prepared to teach her how to be a lady. I knew that something was missing. Well now I know what that something was but now where do I go from here?

I'm the type of person who likes to just get to the end and I have a hard time enjoying the process. So I wonder if I'm just being hard on myself because I'm not progressing as I feel I should. Or if I'm really missing a step. It's hard to worry about it when she grabs my whole head just to kiss me on my cheek. But when she's not listening and it's time for discipline I wonder if I'm doing this whole motherhood thing right. Maybe I'm just being hard on myself tonight but this is just what's on my mind. I know the only thing I can do now is turn to the LORD.

Psalm 31:24 "Be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. -Proverbs 16:24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...